Wednesday 10 October 2012

Production companies

Obviously, a film needs to have production companies to help out with the film. Of course, I already Parsec Productions, the company who do the game, as the production company. I just really needed to choose distributor(s), because a film isn't a film if it isn't distributed by a big name movie studio like Warner Bros. or Paramount Pictures.

The distributor I went for was DreamWorks Pictures. The main reason I chose DreamWorks was because of their logo. Over the last decade, film companies have changed their logos; e.g. Universal Pictures ditching the logo used since 1997 back in January in favour of a new one to celebrate their 100th anniversary. DreamWorks is the only movie studio that hasn't changed their logo, apart from odd little modifications e.g. bylines whenever they change owners or the owners are renamed. I could've also used Columbia and Warner Bros. for their logos but I couldn't find their distinctive print logos that I could use on the poster.

I also need to have Touchstone Pictures' logo on the poster, because, while Touchstone aren't the actual distributors of the film and DreamWorks are, they have been distributing DreamWorks films since 2010. Our film trailer will also have to have Touchstone's actual film logo at the end, because that's what trailers for DreamWorks films since Touchstone started distributing have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment